Friday, January 28, 2011

Double Guarantee Week, I love

Double Guarantee week is happening on Full Tilt right now and I have to say, S**ts been great so far. After a rough -$600 start to my new month long BAP, Ive hit the tables playing extremely well this week and its shown. Im going deep in a ton of stuff and playing very strongly and have even started using HEM for the first time.

Tuesday night I decided to hit up the Midnight Madness with 4 Entries (they made a ton of MTTs multi entry for the week). I was able to cash 3 of those 4. One being a min cash, another making it in the top 50 and then finally finishing with a 2nd place in the field of around 4300 for approx $4.6K. I got to heads up against an MTT beast/regular on FTP and his $1 Million in tourney prizes definitely shows he knows what he is doing. At the start of HU play, he had me outchipped about 5 to 1. I was able to grind myself to even, then take a slight 300k chip lead. Then over the next dozen hands or so managed to increase my chip lead to around 2.4 to 1. Thats when it all went downhill...a couple unlucky rivers for me and he had a huge chiplead again and then I lost a flip to take 2nd. If I hold those two rivers, we are looking at a $7.6K score.

It was a long tuesday night/wednesday morning but I wasnt just going to take the day off so I hit it hard again Wednesday night as Wednesday's are the best day for my Stud play on FTP. I hit up all of my usual tournaments with a couple entries or more and with the double guarantees, the fields were oh so soft. I managed a few random cashes throughout the night and then took my 2 entries in the $26 Stud and was able to double cash them. 1 being a min cash for $40, and then along the way with my other stack I was able to KO Alan Boston to earn the Tshirt and a $24 bonus. Grinded my way to the final table, to come in sitting 7 of 8. Managed to get 3 handed with first being worth $1.1K. I look down to see QQ with a K up...I raise it up, the aggro newb with an A up repopped me and I capped it...4th street brought a brick for both of us and it was 3 bet til i was all in...and what does she show, A A A x...she starts out rolled up, 3 handed. I bink a Q on 5th street giving me outs, but to no prevail as I dont boat and Im out in 3rd for $500.

I followed that up with a top 60 run in the $66K Guaranteed $26 KO on FTP. The night ended with some rough runs but Im still playing very well and happy to be making my investors a nice chunk of change.

Over the weekend Ill be looking to close out my BAP and reset. Have turned the $2500 initial Bankroll into just under $7K so far.

Along with my play, I have a student that is doing great things in mixed games. macduge has been a beast lately and I appreciate the kind words he is giving towards me. Its great to work with somebody who has such a strong poker mind already.

Keep grinding guys, hard work DOES pay off!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment